Who doesn’t want to preserve their natural youthful beauty!
Even if you are blessed with the best set of genes, due to the cons of living an urban lifestyle, the skin starts showing signs of ageing such as sagging and visibility of thin fine lines on the face. The organic pathway to consistently youthful skin, starts from a balanced diet and keeping yourself hydrated. If you are already observing signs of ageing on your face and wondering how to look younger at 40, it is still not very late for you to get back slow down your skin ageing process.
If you want faster results, you can also start including anti-aging fruits to your diet and be completely care free about skin ageing. For instance, tapping into the benefits of orange for skin, might be beneficial when you are working towards having a youthful face. Due to the high Vitamin C content in oranges, adding this fruit to your diet can be very beneficial in keeping your skin young and timeless.
How Vitamin C Helps Your Skin
Vitamin C has antioxidant properties which helps it fight off the damage that is caused to your skin due to exposure to UV rays. It also boosts the production of collagen, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles on face.
Apart from this, here are a few other benefits of Vitamin C for your skin:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines on the skin because of its anti-ageing properties.
- Reduces inflammatory cytokines proportion, thus acting as an anti-inflammatory agent for your skin.
- Tightens the face muscles, and reduces the accumulation of fat cells around the face.
- Purifies the face, due to the boost in production of collagen.
Why Orange is a Boon for Skin
Apart from being the go-to fruit for nutrients, it is also one of the best fruit benefits for skin. Its thick bitter peel adds that extra glow to skin as it is rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Folate, Copper and Vitamin A. Following are some benefits of orange on your skin:
- Presence of vitamin and minerals that help in keeping the skin healthy.
- Reduces blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads on skin.
- Contains pigment Beta-Cryptoxanthin which acts as an antioxidant and helps speeding anti-ageing process of skin.
- Presence of Citric Acid helps in drying away pimples caused due to excessive oil production and blockage of your pores. It opens up pores and absorbs the excessive oil present in the skin, making it look fresher.
- Offers benefits of orange peel for skin as it helps in lightening the tone, making it fair and more even.
- Helps in removing face tan caused by excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays.
For that extra bit of care for your skin, you can include oranges in your food diet along with applying orange extracts and peel directly to your skin. In case, you don’t get time to use natural orange pulp on your skin then you can use a face wash or cream that contains orange in ample proportions. For instance, including the OS Vit-C Face Wash in your skin regime can show visible results within a short period.